How to get started
- Register with the software by providing a user name, a valid email-address and a password. We guarantee that all your data will be kept confidential. A registration notification will be sent to your email-address. You can only start using the program once you have confirmed your registration by executing the provided link in this mail.
- To start using the programm login to QCAmap with your email-address and your password.
- To analyze your text material using the techniques of qualitative content analyses you have to create a project, where you specify a short title (max. 100 characters) and give a brief description for your project (optional).
- In the next step you will have to upload text material to your project. If you plan on case-specific analyses you should provide one text file per case, e.g. per interview.
Since text editors use very different coding standards, it is necessary for our web application to reformat your data files in UNICODE-TEXT ONLY. To do this in e.g. Microsoft Word, open your document and select the option “save as”. As “save as type” select “TEXT ONLY”. Another window will open up. Instead of the Windows standard text coding choose the option “other coding” and select “UNICODE”. Using this text format will remove all formatting such as bold, italic,underlines, text size and others. However, line breaks and new lines will be kept in the document. Before you upload material to your project,you may check your UNICODE-TEXT ONLY documents using WordPad (e.g. Windows Editor).
- Select your project and upload the text documents to your project.
- Before you can start coding your text material, you have to enter a specific research question and give a brief description (optional). Then select the relevant content analytical technique (inductive or deductive) and define the related content analytical units and rules. One project can contain several research questions applying different techniques of qualitative content analysis, provided that you use the exact same text materials.
- Start coding your text material. After selecting a specific text passage a window will pop up and you can formulate a new or assign an existing catgory. It is not necessary to save the documents and actions, all procedures will be saved automatically.
- Revision and Intercoder Agreement
You need to register an account for using QCAmap. We guarantee that all your data will be kept confidential.
A registration notification will be sent to your email-address. You can only start using the program once you have confirmed your registration by
following the provided link in this email.
After your registration you can login to QCAmap. Follow the login link on the start page or login here.